Thursday, February 18, 2010

Delusions of Grandeur? w/a tip 'o' da hat to R. K. Travis

I am The Man, Myth, Legend...The King...

the Redheaded Stepchild of Poetry,

cutting edge Poet skewing the curve,

with creations of language,

lingo plays new meanings,

word games without rules;

True Poetry?

Sure!

Poem, Poet, Poetry, definitions vague,

subjective; left to the Reader,

a newspaper article

could be viewed as a Poem,

on occasion, this is true...

But, where was I?

Ah, yes! Singing My Praises,

for if I do not,

no one else will.

I am Renaissance Man,

Manic, Short Attention Spanic,

always thinking, arranging, writing,

can't keep a good Pote down.

Exploring creative fronts,

Jack of all Arts,

Master of One,

Poetry;

Bar is raised, Gauntlet is thrown,

I have put up, now, shut up,

show me what you've got,

amaze, astound, be profound...

keep me awake...just, keep me awake.

But, there I go,

ah yes, singing my praises,

well, if I do not,

no one else will,

no one else will...

except, maybe...RAT...

Thank you, Brother from another Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - visit and friend me on Facebook, where you can find me by searching for Da Butcha Shoppe.