Where has the summer gone?
I woke up in a cool pre-dawn
shivering under summer sheets
with cold head, hands, & feets.
As I warmed my fingers & toes
& thawed out my frozen nose
I thought of hot past lovers
who'd kept me warm under the covers.
I began the early autumn-like day
wondering where the summer had gone to stay,
everyone likes a vacation
for well earned relaxation,
but, we're talking about a season
that's fled without reason
& time off's not allowed;
maybe Mather Nature's cowed.
What has happened to the warm?
Why this continuous storm?
P'raps it's like Monty Python said
before the shows were dead,
spring & summer have been skipped
& autumn has been slipped
into their prime position
like a corporate aquisition.
Ah, me, & ah well,
it's just a spell
let's make the most of it
but not make a toast to it.
At least the sun has returned
& the storms were burned
& quickly chased away
so tanners could baste away.
But, where has the summer gone?
I wake up in a constantly cool pre-dawn
shivering under summer sheets
with cold head, hands, & feets.
As I warm my stiff fingers & toes
& thaw out my frozen nose
I think of hot past lovers
who'd kept me warm under the covers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment - visit and friend me on Facebook, where you can find me by searching for Da Butcha Shoppe.